College is a busy time, and a journey filled with ups and downs. Although we wouldn’t trade these experiences and memories for the world, let’s face it: it can be hard to find time to relax, rest, and take time to focus on ourselves. Extended breaks and holidays are perfect opportunities to practice self-care. Below are five simple ways to help Honors students relax over spring break.
- Sleep! This is definitely the most important on this list. Sleep is a necessity and often sacrificed in order for Honors students to fulfill other commitments and obligations. Take advantage of this time to regain energy, and your body and mind will thank you.
- Spend some time outside. Whether it be taking your dog for a walk or going for a jog in the park, find time to be active. This will clear your mind and will help you come back to Meredith feeling refreshed and motivated to finish the second half of the semester.
- Catch up with people you don’t see as much during the chaos of college. This may be your best friends from home, your parents, or your favorite teacher from high school. Hanging out with loved ones and others who support your endeavors will provide encouragement, which in turn will keep you in a positive mindset.
- Schedule time away from the screen. People are spending more time than ever on social media, and technology is becoming a crucial part of day-to-day life. Although technology is fabulous, too much time on these platforms can, sadly, bring us down. It is essential to put away electronic devices in order for us to recharge and remind ourselves of our potential.
- Explore the world around you! Projects, tests, and assignments can make it difficult for spontaneous travel to occur. Utilize spring break to travel near or far. Try out the new coffee shop in your hometown, spend a day at the beach, or drive across the country to adventure. Whatever the expedition may be, make the most of it by soaking in every second, and taking lots of pictures!
Happy Spring Break, Honors Angels! Enjoy your time off with friends and family, and congratulate yourself on all of your achievements so far this year!